• As anti-crack in concrete and to replace iron meshes for light flooring applications like pedestrian walking floors add 1 or 2 kg/m3.
• To improve mechanical properties of the concrete slab for replacing welded steel meshes or steel fibers in parking areas or industrial floors add: 3 to 5 kg/m3 (Ask for a calculation to be sure)
For projects that require special conditions we will suggest you an independent engineering company that can calculate dosage for your concrete slab.
• NO MATTER IF YOU PLACE ELECTROWELDED STEEL MENSHES, STEEL FIBRES OR GLASS FIBERS IN YOUR CONCRETE SLAB, IF YOU DO NOT COMPACT WELL THE SOIL GROUND, YOUR SLAB WILL CRACK. THE USAGE OF GLASS FIBRES DO NOT REPLACE THE NORMAL WAY OF DOING CONCRETE SLABS WHERE YOU NEED A WELL COMPACTED SOIL, YOU WILL NEED TO APPLY RETRACTION JOINTS AND HYDRATE THE SLAB AS PART OF THE CORRECT CURING PROCESS.
(SOIL BEARING RATE REQUIRED CBR >3%)
• With glass fibres, there is no need to add water or other additives like fluidizer (plastisizer)
• PACKAGE: 1kg hydro soluble paper bags or 20 kg sacs.
PALLET WEIGHT: From 540kg up to 600 kg
- NEVER REPLACE structural elements using glass fibres.
- Does not allow increasing distances between retraction joints in the concrete slab.
- It is recommended to build transversal joints from the base of columns. (Forming diamond shapes)
- When making new concrete over old concrete slab, apply an adequate anchoring product.
The compaction level of the soil must be over 3% CBR. The concrete type should be at least C20 or HIGHER. The use of glass fibres do not allow different concrete treating practices. All recommendations given in our web page are based on past concrete slab building experiences and following the best concrete practices. Each concrete slab construction may bring different results if the recommendations are not strictly followed or simply due to some differences in properties of local materials used in each project compared to lab tests. Therefore, the final results obtained in a specific project cannot be guaranteed by our company nor creates any legal obligation towards users of glass fibres in their concrete slabs.
Recommendation: In order to get a good docility of concrete, we recommend the use of a continuous grain size.
In concrete plant
1. Fibres must be addet to fresh concrete directly
2. Don't add fibres as first component.
3. Adding fibres in mixing plant may be an advantage since later in truck modifications on the concrete properties may be done easily.
In truck mixer
1. Truck mixer should be turning at maximum speed (i.e 15 r.p.m)
2. Adjust concrete cone at least to 10 cm with plasticizers or fluidizers if required.
3. Add fibres at a velocity of 2 kg/min.
4. Once all fibres have been added, continue the mixing during 1 additional minute.
5. Best results can be obtained using up to 12 mm grain size.
Most frequent applications:
ØPAVEMENTS FOR PARKING OR SIDEWALKS
ØSWIMMING POOL WALKING AREAS
ØPCAR ARKING AREAS
ØCANALS AND BANKS
ØALL KIND OF CONCRETE SLABS